Tuesday, October 11, 2011

dumb fever

I brought Caelan into emergency yesterday morning.
Sunday he seemed even less like himself and both Damian and I were
concerned.
Monday morning around 3am Caelan spiked a fever.
That was enough for me to bring him in.

I suspected pneumonia. I just wanted a chest x-ray to prove me wrong.
With Caelan's vocal cords pinned open he's at a greater risk for aspiration
pneumonia.
I'll explain that more in another post.

I hate going to emergency.
I hate having to fight to be heard.
I hate not being heard.
It's all so frustrating.

Caelan remembered the hospital all too well.
He freaked. He went beserk.
No, that's an understatement. There are no words.
... In the end we were both exhausted

Then he acted darn near normal.
I think I may have over-reacted.
But by then they wouldn't let us go home.
He was admitted into the hospital.

And this morning I'm at work.

My son is in the hospital and I'm at work.

I don't like that.

I don't do it well.

No comments:

Post a Comment