Saturday, October 30, 2010

yummm...

Okay I just made the most wonderful pumpkin cupcakes with maple frosting.  They are totally delicious!  Thought I'd share the link to the recipe; http://www.housebeautiful.com/kitchens/recipes/ina-garten-pumpkin-cupcakes-1010

He did lick it but Darcy had them pretty cleaned off!
Other than that we had a bit of a slow start today and an afternoon full of shopping.  The girls were stolen by Nana and Grampsy for a few hours to window shop for Christmas ideas.  This gave Damian and I the opportunity to do some Christmas shopping of our own as well as other errands.  Feels good to get a start on things since I'd like to be done shopping by December.

Tonight Damian is at the Senators hockey game with fellow CHEO Trio Dad, Graham.  I haven't checked the score yet but hope they're having fun.  I know that when they leave and Damian sees all this white stuff on the ground it will turn him into a grouch.  Damian hates the snow, cold and winter.

Ryland is at a sleepover tonight and won't be back until early tomorrow afternoon... probably a little tired and grouchy herself!

Caelan decided that 5:30 would be a fine time to wake up this morning.  Crazy boy!!  Unfortunately, with all the running around we did today he opted for only a ten minute nap in the car on the way home.  He's been asleep in bed since 7:30.

Darcy has been hanging out with Mom all night and is very excited about the snow.  Do you know why?  Because "you can make snow angels and it makes the world BRIGHTER!!"  This is said with lots of drama.  I'm with you, Darcy!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you had help cooking the beater duty is so important :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell Darcy to keep the good thoughts about snow coming - I am all over the white Christmas thing but this year I have to say I really want a white wedding!

    ReplyDelete