Sunday, October 10, 2010

Hopefully this is the end of our most recent no nursing stint... we've gone three nights in a row without our overnight nurse.  Caelan requires 24/7 supervision.  We are unable to sleep when he's sleeping so without our night nurse it means that we have to stay up.  We usually split up the night; I go to bed early with the kids and Damian wakes me up when he can't keep his eyes open anymore.  This morning that was at 4am, which was glorious because I was in bed by nine with the lights off.  Almost 7 hours of sleep is totally doable.  I'm might still be a bit cranky but can function much better than say yesterday when Damian worked the evening shift at work.  On Fridays Damian doesn't get home until 10ish so my opportunity to go to bed at the same time as the kids disappears.  I think I got almost 5 hours sleep, a far cry from the 8 hours or more that my body craves. I can still function, just not very happy about it.

On Saturday we travelled into town as a family.  I don’t know why I have such a hard time learning that errands as a family is never going to be a fun time, regardless of how many treats we interject!  A family errand day in the middle of a 3 night no nurse stint was just a disaster waiting to happen.  Actually it really wasn’t THAT bad, but it wasn’t that good either.  I’ve realized (FINALLY) that it’s really my husband that I want with me, not necessarily the whole family.  I’m talking specifically about errands here.  I like to talk to him.  I like to hear his opinion on different things.  I like the extra set of hands.  I like a lot about shopping with him, but throw the kids in the mix and all of a sudden it’s pretty difficult to achieve any of them!  I also think that if we were able to do errands alone together all the time I wouldn’t enjoy it at all.  We’d drive each other nuts, no question about it.  Oh well, lesson learned… at least for now.

We managed a stop at Gramma and Grampa’s house to meet their new addition, Bullet.   Ryland and Damian had met him last weekend but this was the first for the rest of us.  He is adorable!!  I was surprised that Darcy was nervous around him because he’s a far cry from big ol’ Bear.  Bear topped 100 pounds and Bullet will be lucky to reach 10 pounds at most!  After meeting him, Darcy quickly retreated upstairs to the toy box and left Damian and Ry to play with Bullet.  I wasn’t surprised that Caelan was very nervous.  Caelan isn’t a fan of dogs at all.  We’re going to work on it slowly with Bullet because at least Caelan was able to look at him and smile, which is an improvement from other dog meetings!  I forgot to bring the camera but I managed to snag a pic of him from Gramma’s facebook account!

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha, and to think I was thrilled I got to do groceries on my own Thursday! I do know what you are saying though. Happy Thanksgiving Piche 5!

    ReplyDelete