Saturday, November 12, 2011

Yummy!!

With all my new found energy this morning I tried this recipe:

Cinnamon Roll Cake from My Shiny Blog

Ingredients

Cake
3 cups flour
¼  teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 ½ cups milk
2 eggs
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
½ cup (1 stick) butter, melted

Topping
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons flour
1 tablespoon cinnamon

Glaze
2 cups powdered sugar
5 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350⁰F.
  2. Mix all ingredients for the cake together except for the butter. Slowly stir in the melted butter and pour into a greased 9×13 pan.
  3. For the topping, mix all the ingredients together until well combined. Drop evenly over the batter and swirl with a knife. Bake for 28-32 minutes.
  4. While cake is still warm, drizzle the glaze over the top.
I halved the recipe because let's face it a 9X13 pan of cinnamon roll cake just sounds dangerous.
It was super easy and DELICIOUS!!
I only wish I had taken pics for you...  but you'll just have to make it yourself!

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to try it! Thanks for thinking of us : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can see a picture of this on My Shiny Blog..it looks amazing. I've added this blog to my favorites..looks like lots of goodies on that one!
    T

    ReplyDelete