Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Here's more

I don't even know what to say.

I don't know if I'll ever get used to being so familiar with CHEO.

I don't know if I'll ever understand why it takes so long from the time they tell you you're discharged, to when you're actually allowed to leave the building.

It can be the most frustrating thing EVER!  You wait, and wait, and wait to be told that today is the day that you get to go home.  When you finally here the words it takes mere seconds to have everything and everyone all ready to go.  Yet, it's like they were only teasing because apparently you aren't allowed to go just yet.  We're still waiting on this prescription, or a sign off from that Doctor, or a follow up appointment with this team... REALLY?!?!  Are you kidding me?!?!

Don't tell us we're good to go until we are in fact good to go!  (Note:  Especially when I ask specifically "You mean, right now?")

It's like dangling a carrot in front of our nose.  Doing that to parents that have just been through your express 72+ hour rollercoaster ride are not in the correct mood or frame of mind to begin playing these games.  We're tired exhausted, we're anxious, we're fed up and frustrated.  We're done.

You'd think we'd learn - well I thought we had - that when they tell you that you're being discharged at 9 o'clock in the morning, you'll be lucky to leave the building before 3 o'clock in the afternoon!

1 comment: