Tuesday, November 13, 2012

leftovers

I've known people that are completely against leftovers...  They just throw them out.

I don't understand it.  Maybe I'm just too cheap.

I love leftovers... and honestly, some things just taste better the next day, or the day after that!

Some of the best leftovers are after a great big turkey dinner.

Which, I just happened to have made this past weekend.  Complete with stuffing and gravy, roasted potatoes, sweet potato casserole, turnip puff, broccoli and cheese sauce, carrots and roasted beets.  Oh and pumpkin rolls and a double layer pumpkin cheesecake for dessert.  It was delish, if I do say so myself!

Anyway, we didn't eat it all and the fridge is full of leftovers.

That makes me happy.

For lunch the past couple days I've enjoyed my big turkey dinner all over again.  In the form of a sandwich... The most amazing turkey sandwich with mayo, cranberry sauce and stuffing.  That's right folks, I put bread in my sandwich - and it's soooo good!  I remember the first time my Mom suggested it to me and I thought she was a little crazy.  However, I was willing to try it because I do love stuffing and although it sounded weird I couldn't come up with an argument against it.

I've been having the sweet potato casserole for dessert because it's just about that sweet!

All this to ask... What do you do with your turkey leftovers?  Do you enjoy a nice turkey sandwich and if so what do you put on it?

3 comments:

  1. I've been doing the same for years..stuffing & cranberry in with the turkey on my sandwich...soooo good. Now I want to make a full turkey dinner!
    PS - love left overs..and I agree they do taste better the next day!!
    T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love having a full turkey dinner on a day when it's not expected (Thianksgiving or Christmas)
      Just a bit more relaxing for me anyway, less pressure!

      Delete
  2. I also eat turkey, stuffing and cranberry sandwiches thought it was a Newfie thing! LOVE IT‏ Jackie

    ReplyDelete