Tuesday, November 30, 2010

OCTC Preschool

We received some disappointing news today. 

The director from OCTC Preschool called to ask if we were still interested in Caelan attending preschool in the New Year.

Yes, yes, yes!  I was so excited, thinking this is the call we’ve been waiting for.

Unfortunately, this will require longer to set up since - believe it or not - Caelan is their first trached child who will require nursing assistance while there.  They’ll have to apply for the additional funding. 

Really?!?!?

We were hoping to get him into the winter session starting in January but now it looks like it will be September 2011 at the earliest.

I was so hopeful that this would happen for January.  I think it would be a wonderful environment for Caelan to experience so many different things.  It would give him the opportunity to learn so much. 

I’m not giving up.  I’ve decided to call CCAC and enquire about a nurse accompanying him to preschool for the winter session until OCTC is able to get the funding.  Keeping my fingers crossed that because it’s for a set period of time they’ll be accommodating… not that they’ve ever been before.

2 comments:

  1. That is disappointing, I really hope that the funding comes through as it would be wonderful for him to have others to play with who are his age. Lets hope that OCTC is able to help! I will keep my fingers crossed that this happens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have finally got back on here and updated myself on your lives! Wow you are sooo good at this stuff Tan! Soooo sucky about the CHEO preschool! I absolutely LOVE the BOY AND HIS POTATOE - especially after seeing it first hand I know he really does LOVE his potatoe!

    xo
    Auntie Tam

    ReplyDelete