Monday, December 10, 2012

sleepy boy...


Caelan hasn't napped in over two years... There are occasions when he would fall asleep in the van on the way to or from somewhere but even that has become rare.

Yesterday, he actually asked to go to bed in the middle of the afternoon.  He slept for two hours!  I was a little nervous about what that would mean for our night but he really wasn't himself and I figured if he was fighting something the rest would do him good. 

When he woke up he was very snuggly which I took full advantage of!  My little boy has never been much of a cuddler and I've learned over the years to appreciate ever opportunity.  He didn't have much energy for anything and was content to sit and watch television (surprise, surprise!) for the few hours he was up.  He would pat the spot beside him on the couch and ask me to sit with him.

He had a bath around seven and didn't play at all, just soaked.  When asked if he wanted out he readily agreed - this is something that is usually a bit of a fight because he loves playing in the water.  Once his pyjamas were on I asked him where he wanted to read his stories and he was already climbing into bed.  He was already nodding off to sleep in the middle of his story.

It's now twelve hours (and two doses of tylenol) later and he's still sleeping...

I sure hope when he does wake up he's kicked this bug in the butt!!

1 comment:

  1. Love how he puts his hands when he sleeps.

    Gramma

    ReplyDelete