Thursday, February 2, 2012

random bits of conversation in our kitchen tonight (1hr)

Me:  Whatcha got planned for tomorrow? 
Damian:  Thought I should look for a black and white striped shirt.
Me:  Hmmm...  Sounds like Daddy thinks you two girls might spend a lot of time fighting on your day off tomorrow...

****

Darcy:  I'm going to get the Mickety Mouse straw and you can have the orange one.
Ryland: Okay, I'm going to get the Mickety Mouse straw and you can have the orange one.
Darcy: Nooooo!  I'm going to get the Mickety Mouse straw and you can have the orange one.
Ryland:  Exactly!  I'm going to get the Mickety Mouse straw and you can have the orange one.
Darcy:  Nooooo!
Ryland: I'm just repeating what you're saying. 
Me: Ry (with the look)
Ryland: I'm just mimicking her.

****

Darcy: I like how the cheese moves after I grate it on
Damian: Yah, it's melting.
Darcy: No, I think it's straightening out.

****

Darcy:  Oh foop! Foop! Foop! Foop!  (Said with the same emphasis as some other four letter words)
Damian:  Darcy that's enough.
Darcy:  It's Poof  backwards.  Foop, foop, foop!
Me: Darcy (with the look)

****

Damian:  What are rickety uncles classified as?
Me: A cookie
Damian: Nope, Ry and I have discussed this.  They're not a cookie.
Ryland: yah, because there's no flour.
Me: Cookies don't need flour!
Ryland: Yes they do.
Me: No, there are lots of cookies out there that don't have flour.
Ryland:  Then they can't be cookies.  Cookies have dough and dough needs flour.  We decided these were 'candy treats'.
Me:  Well then why did you ask me in the first place?!??!

****

Oh Brother you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind,
Oh Brother!  Oh Brother!

****

Darcy:  Is it true that plumbers have to wear their pants down like this?
Daddy:  Yes, it's part of their contract.
Darcy:  (Big grin)
Me:  You want to be a plumber now don't you?
Darcy: YES!
Ryland:  Daddy's kidding you know, it's not part of the actual contract.

****

4 comments:

  1. Love it :)

    Cassie asked me if they put kids who are up for adoption in cages...lol.

    I should add that Sienna's bff is adopted and we talk about it but I guess she sees animals in cages & she thinks the same about kids...lol

    Vero

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny the way their little minds work, eh? Sure keeps me on my toes! Tanya

      Delete
  2. thanks for the lollllllllll's.....OMG! Darcy kills me every time!
    xoxo
    T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all the time Terri! I swear it's a three ring circus around here!! xo, T

      Delete