Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Best morning ever!

One of my favourite things ever is to wake up all lazy in bed.

I remember when Ryland, and later Darcy, were little, that we'd spend our weekend mornings lazily playing with them on our bed. There were always lots of silly things that amused them and in turn, us. They were guaranteed to make you smile and laugh and it was a great way to start the day.

This morning reminded me of that.

I slept in, or rather "snoozed in" by repeatedly hitting the alarm snooze button. No sooner was I officially awake when I heard my son coming down the hall to find me.

Caelan has gotten into the habit of needing to see Momma first thing in the morning. His eyes open and then he’s asking where I am. Daddy’s not impressed with this new routine and I can sympathize with feeling like a second class citizen where our son is concerned. It wasn’t that long ago that it was all about Daddy, all day, every day… However, I am loving all the new love!

We had a little snuggle in bed. He gave me kisses. He gave me feet to smell. I told him he had smelly feet. Stinky! He giggled and gave me more feet to smell. We played peak-a-boo. There was nose stealing and nose throwing all over the place! We tickled each other. We teased Daddy by sleeping on his side of the bed. Oh and Calean has become the Grand Master of stealing Momma’s kisses for Daddy. There’s often a battle between Daddy and Caelan as to who gets to kiss Mom, a game that I am truly loving and encouraging!! There were lots of laughs and it was a fun way to start the day.

I didn’t worry about the clock.

I didn’t rush.

I just enjoyed the moment.

I need more moments like this.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds perfect! Darcy always was a daddy's girl so Caelan gets to be Mommy's boy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. boys and their momma's...I speak from experience...it drives dad's nuts! : )

    ReplyDelete