Thursday, December 15, 2011

same-oh, same-oh

Caelan is doing great but we're still stuck at the hospital...
Well mostly, Damian's stuck at the hospital and I'm at work.

It's a little overwhelming trying to coordinate everything...
and put in a full days work at the same time.

We live a half hour from work or the hospital.
The girls have to catch the bus at 8:05 in the morning
and be picked up off the bus at 4:15 in the afternoon.

Clearly, my working hours do not add up.

Thankfully we have lots of help...

Still makes for long days and long nights too.

Damian's been taking Caelan out on 'day passes'
just to get away from those all too familiar walls.

I've been sending them Christmas Shopping...
not sure he's going to let me know about too many more passes.

Still no word on nursing, no timeline, no options.

No light at the end of the tunnel.

No end in sight to this most frustrating situation.

It puts a huge damper on my Christmas Spirit.
Trying really hard not to be all bah humbug!

2 comments:

  1. : (

    Wish i could help..magically turn myself into a nurse and move back to Ontario...i would gladly volunteer services if I could..sadly I can not.

    Keep positive..I know you must be sick as all get out hearing "stay positive" : ) I'm thinking about you all, xoxo

    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to hear you have help and that your family is close by in town for you. I don't know how you would do all this on your own. We found it hard given all our family is far away. The offer still stands though to take a shift at the hospital or help out in any way we can eg: food, errands etc. We know the stressors you face and can't even imagine how you are doing it with work and the girls as well to think of. We are around next week so just ask if you need us. Hugs, Heather, Graham and Logan xoxo

    ReplyDelete