I've been a bit of a Grumpy Gert lately... For no real reason that I can think of.
It's time to get over it, whatever it is.
With that in mind, I decided that this week's Top Ten Tuesday should focus on something positive. So here's my attempt at the ten things I'm most grateful for today.
- SNOOZE BUTTON Oh, how I love my snooze button. Not a morning goes by that we don’t touch base. I wish I was one of those people that jumped out of bed as soon as my alarm went off, but I’m not.
- AIR CONDITIONING With the weatherman suggesting a humidex in the mid 40's I'm grateful for having air conditioning at work, home and in the cars.
- POOL Nothing beats jumping in the pool to lower your body temperature on these hot summer days. Ok, if you know me you are probably aware that I rarely actually ‘jump’ in, but the result is the same.
- BARBECUE Being able to cook an entire meal on the barbecue and not having to worry about heating up the kitchen is fabulous.
- HEALTH Before Caelan I’m not sure that I ever really realized how grateful we should be for our health. Now, I’m very conscience of the days when we’re germ free.
- FAMILY I could probably make a top ten list just on family. I have an understanding husband who is courageously staying home with three kids while I return to work. I have great kids who occasionally drive me absolutely mad, but for the most part brighten my days. We have parents and sisters who are continuously there for us in so many ways. Today, more specifically, I have fabulous in-laws, who watched the girls when Caelan had his appointment at CHEO today.
- FRIENDS For listening. For being there.
- NURSING In our attempt to arrange nursing care for Caelan's preschool in the Fall, it's made me realize just how lucky we are to have 8 hours of coverage every night. I can't imagine what kind of zombies we'd be without them.
- WORK I'm grateful to hand off the new hires at work to their support agents and to be back at my desk. I'm happy to be reorganizing the material, preparing for the next session and catching up on all things missed during the 5 weeks of training.
- GOOD BOOKS Loving my summer fluff!