Friday, October 5, 2012

T.G.I.F.

It's been a long week.

I guess it hasn't been that bad, but it was certainly an adjustment with both Damian and I at work again after so long.

My mornings have been going pretty good although by the time I leave for work I feel like I'm ready for a nap.  I have about three hours in the morning from the time I get up to when I can leave for work.  In that time I get myself ready, eat my breakfast and maybe check the internet, get three kids up and dressed, two of them fed, make three lunches, pack Caelan's bags, play, change a diaper or two, empty the dishwasher, make sure teeth and hair are brushed... maybe get some dinner in the slow cooker or a load of laundry in the washer/dryer.

This is nothing new to other working moms... but it's new to me.  While Damian was home, I had life good.  I got up, got myself ready and off to work I went!  Now Damian's off to work about 20-30 minutes after we get up.

I don't think Damian's afternoons have been much of an adjustment for him.  He was greeting the kids off the bus before he returned to work.  He was already familiar with the starving nature of children after a long ride home on the bus, their unwillingness to discuss or ability to talk non-stop about their day, homework fights and all this while trying to get dinner ready!

By the time we've finished dinner, cleaned up the kitchen and completed any straggling homework, children are headed to baths and bedtime.  Pajamas are put on and stories are read.  At this point I'm about ready to go to bed too!!

Oh, and when I ask Damian about returning to work??  Well, he says it's like he never left.  Not sure if that's a good or bad thing yet.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Tam! Gearing up for round two... Wonder when I'll stop counting?!?!

      Delete