Wednesday, August 22, 2012

more more more


This week one of our local grocery store had Roma tomatoes or plum tomatoes on sale 25lbs. for $6.99! This sounded good to me and I didn't hesitate in going to pick one up.  I'm sure the box was more than 25lbs. but I didn't weigh it to confirm.  Just happy in my belief  that it was an even better deal than I originally thought!  As I previously mentioned our tomato crop this year was the pits!  I also prefer these smaller tomatoes to the larger field tomatoes, there's more 'meat' to them and I find they hold up better, so I was pretty excited about it all.

Of course we made another double batch of salsa...



We're also attempting to dehydrate some of them.  We've never done this before so it's a bit of an adventure.  Hopefully it works!

We've also used some up in a batch of corn relish and some amazing Spanish gazpacho.

Others are disappearing in the normal way of salads and sandwiches.

The rest will find a nice frozen home in our freezer until they get plunked in a spaghetti sauce, chili, goulash, or whatever yummy dish we need tomatoes for during the winter months.

No comments:

Post a Comment