For the summer I tend not to worry too much about menu planning because we generally throw some meat on the bbq and make a salad. It doesn't get much more complicated than that. However, I can already feel Fall in the air with these cooler temperatures of late. I don't think Summer is over yet but I'm enjoying the little reproeve from that blasting heat that we've had. It also gets my tastebuds in the mood for Fall food. I've been thinking about gravy and mashed potatoes, casseroles and pastas... All kinds of heavy cold weather food... Not appropriate for August!! I guess I should just be happy that it got me thinking about meal planning.
On our plates this week:
- linguine alffredo with ham and mushrooms
- quiche and spinach salad
- satay chicken skewers with fiery noodles
- pull pork sandwiches and coleslaw
- proscuitto wrapped chicken in an asparagus cream sauce with salad
- green pizza - pesto, chicken, carmelized onions and goat cheese