Monday, August 20, 2012

Monday Menu Meal Plan

It's been too long since I made a proper meal plan for the week, nevermind a month! 

For the summer I tend not to worry too much about menu planning because we generally throw some meat on the bbq and make a salad.  It doesn't get much more complicated than that.  However, I can already feel Fall in the air with these cooler temperatures of late.  I don't think Summer is over yet but I'm enjoying the little reproeve from that blasting heat that we've had.  It also gets my tastebuds in the mood for Fall food.  I've been thinking about gravy and mashed potatoes, casseroles and pastas... All kinds of heavy cold weather food...  Not appropriate for August!!  I guess I should just be happy that it got me thinking about meal planning.

On our plates this week:
  • linguine alffredo with ham and mushrooms
  • quiche and spinach salad
  • satay chicken skewers with fiery noodles
  • pull pork sandwiches and coleslaw
  • proscuitto wrapped chicken in an asparagus cream sauce with salad
  • green pizza - pesto, chicken, carmelized onions and goat cheese
Not quite summer bbq, but not quite fall casseroles either.  It's my compromise for this week anyway.

3 comments:

  1. what are fiery noodles and how do you make them? sounds like something we would like..please share ; )
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's the link
    http://www.foodnetwork.ca/recipes/Salad/Pasta/recipe.html?dishid=11976
    We've never had it but it's a Jamie Oliver(of course)so I'm sure it's delish!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thks...looks like a lot of work is it really a 30 minute meal? How did it taste?
    T

    ReplyDelete