- I read an entire book - talk about lazy and staying up too late, but I can't remember the last time I did it and I sooooo enjoyed it! It's the second book in a series I've started that reminds me of Twilight; teenagers, supernaturals, young love, battling all the evils of the world... nothing heavy, just total fluff!
- Went to visit some great friends. We're committed to getting together more often this year and that's a good thing! We always share tons of laughs when we get together and this visit was no exception.
- Said friends make the most amazing potato salad... it's truly the best in the world and I was thrilled when B made it for our visit!!
- I got to bring the leftover potato salad home. Yes, this is most definitely a highlight of the weekend... you just wouldn't understand if you've never tasted this potato salad!!
- Baking. I baked lots this weekend and enjoyed it. I even cleaned as I cooked which makes me even happier as there was no gigantic mess when I was done. I made a Boston Cream Cake (which I wasn't impressed with), double batch of chocolate chip cookies, lemon loaf, blueberry lemon loaf, and two cantaloupe loaves with a praline glaze. Most of it's in the freezer now.
- Best part of making chocolate chip cookies is getting to eat one fresh out of the oven while it's still warm. Yummmmm
- We had a family fun movie night and watched Princess and the Frog. Love that movie!
- Took the fam out for a long walk, almost 5k. Actually, the girls biked and Caelan relaxed in the stroller, but Damian and I walked. It was hot. It felt really good. Except for the horse flies that were attacking us.
- Weatherman got the forecast so fantastically wrong. No rain or thunderstorms as predicted!
- Relaxing out on the deck in the shelter of mosquito netting enjoying my family and beautiful warm weather. oh and there might have been a nice glass of something cold and refreshing there too...
I think that about sums it up!
Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend too!