Monday, January 3, 2011

random thoughts

I'm feeling blah and just can't seem to get my thoughts together.  It's been like this since Christmas and I was hoping that the New Year would bring a fresh start and my mind would clear and happy, positive thoughts would prevail.  Yah, not so much. 

All three kids are in full holiday mode.  They're all still sleeping and it's after eight am.  What a treat!  When it comes time for them to head back to school next week, it's going to be brutal.  For now, I'm trying to focus on enjoying this time to myself.

Still haven't found a long black dress for my sister's wedding.  Didn't think it would be so difficult but everything is short this year.  Went to Rideau yesterday with Toad and toured the entire mall twice, seeing only TWO long black dresses!  One was over $600, the other $225.  Becoming very frustrated.  Only one month before the big day.

Lost my voice yesterday.  Really??

Girls are off to Nana's for a two night sleepover.  They're going to have a blast, as they always do.  Who wouldn't love two days filled with their favourite meals and activities?!  Decided they were old enough to pack two outfits, pajamas and a bathing suit in their sleepover bag themselves.  Should I trust that they were responsible enough to do that or should I double check?

Got most of the Christmas decorations put away this weekend.  Hoping to finish up today while Damian's at work.

Updated the January calendar and it's absolutely insane!  Every weekend is double, if not triple, booked.  We have bridal showers and birthday parties every weekend.  It will be fun but busy, with little opportunity for quality family time.

I want to make a real effort to get us outside having fun this winter. Not so much sitting watching movies.  It's going to be a challenge for us since we usually hibernate most of the winter away snuggled up in our jammies.  Which reminds me, I need to find a good sledding hill nearby.

I worked on our 2011 budget yesterday.  Never fun.  How come things just get tighter and tighter?  Why don't raises in pay equally reflect the hikes in our hydro bill or other bills?

Caelan is pulling himself up onto his knees more and more.  I should try and get a picture to post.  He's also signing lots and stringing signs together.  I'm very happy to say that he's well mannered too and can sign please and thank you.

ok that seems like a good thought to end on...

No comments:

Post a Comment