Monday, June 4, 2012

We live in mosquito country

Recently Darcy went through a very short lived, extreme nature lover phase.

One night she came out of her room to complain to me that a mosquito was buzzing in her ear while she tried to fall asleep.  When I went in to try and get rid of the problem, she begged me to try not to kill it.  I was told to just trap it and then go set it free.  Really?  Although that's standard protocol for ladybugs around here, we we're talking about mosquitoes.  I told her we'd have to see, but I was pretty sure that if I trapped it while slapping my hands together, I might accidentally smuck it.

The following day after school Damian was chasing a mosquito and Darcy kept hollering "run mosquito, run" whenever Damian was closing in...   This is how the story was told to me:

"Run mosquito, run!"

SLAP!

"Run mosquito, run!"

SLAP!

"Run mosquito, run!"

SLAP!

SLAP!  "Gotcha!"

"Oh man, I should've waited to take my bite because I couldn't warn him with my mouth full."


Lately she's been complaining about how itchy her mosquito bites are so we I think the season for mosquito hunting has already re-opened.

2 comments:

  1. Hard to be a guard for mosquito's and eat at the same time:) I think you are right Tanya this love affair will most likely be short lived! Thanks for giving us a laugh! Gramma xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Darcy, how you crack me up : )
    T

    ReplyDelete