Thursday, March 31, 2011

back to reality

Monday

Blind Low Vision Therapy.  I got homework.  I should make a mini family photo album for Caelan to ensure that he can recognize himself and the rest of us.  Also need to fill out an application for Deafblind Resource Services from The W. Ross Macdonald School.

Visit from one of our friendly case workers.  Love her!  Just a quick check in to sign paperwork and hear about our trip :)

Tuesday

Ophthamology appointment at CHEO.  I guess I shouldn't complain since I think on our last visit we were there for three hours.  This time we were just over an hour and a half.    Anyway, I explained that we are trying several different things to encourage Caelan to wear his glasses but it's a slow process.  We seem to be making headway with the sunglasses so hopefully we're on the right path.  Dr. was happy with that, especially since Caelan isn't running around yet.  Once he's running around, the glasses need to be on to protect that good eye.

Wednesday

Sign language.  Our first lesson in well over a month, maybe even close to two.  Unfortunately our lessons kept having to be cancelled due to illness or conflicts with other appointments.  Damian missed it to go play hockey with his work so it was all on me.  Oh, it was rough.  Really rough.  It's scary how much you forget and how fast you forget it when you don't use it!  I'm ok with the signs I use with Caelan all the time, but the're all one word signs or very simple statements.  To converse with someone is completely different and something I really need to PRACTICE.  I know this.  I just have to do it!!!

Thursday

Physiotherapy.  Hard work for my little big boy.  He stood for almost the entire one hour session.  Practiced his cruising along furniture, working his way around inside corners and parallels.  Then he pushed a fancy walker from one end of the room to the other with support from his therapist on his loosey goosey hips.  Homework is to practice all the same things at home, which means I really need to clean off the coffee table.

Can't wait for FRIDAY!!! :)

2 comments:

  1. What a week... I was tired just reading about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy. It is always so hard to get back to your routine. We miss you . The weather man is not being very kind to us in Myrtle.
    Love, Nana

    ReplyDelete