I think I may have been a little over ambitious this year given that I was very pregnant for most of the winter. I hadn't taken into consideration that my snowpants wouldn't fit!
- Go ice fishing. Fishing in a boat with Caelan and his trache is just a bit too scary for me, in fact it's pretty much out of the question. A good friend keeps reminding me of this alternative so hopefully this winter we'll make it out to their hut.
- Enjoy a beavertail and hot chocolate in the outdoors. If you live in or near Ottawa this is a must. Usually, enjoyed on the canal or during Winterlude.
- Winterlude - do something, anything! It's a huge attraction for this area and we should participate
- Encourage Damian and the girls to go toboganning on a real hill... Maybe even Caelan too if the weather cooperates.
- Have fun with some Christmas baking and make sure the kids get involved. DONE!
- Enjoy a spa treatment with my sisterfriends. Our date is already tentatively booked!DONE!
- Build a snowman DONE!
- Make snowangels DONE!
- Take a walk while it's snowing - never as a family :(
- Curl up together as a family and watch The Grinch who Stole Christmas and Polar Express HALF DONE! Can't believe we didn't watch Polar Express this year!!
- Do ONE of the holiday things I've pinned on pinterest... DONE, DONE and DONE!
- Watch a Santa Clause Parade. In recent years we've always tried to get to the Orleans Parade of Lights. DONE!
- See the Christmas lights on Taffy Lane or downtown Ottawa DONE!
- Upper Canada Village's Alight at Night Every year I think this is something I'd like to do and we have yet to do it! HAVE TO ADD TO NEXT YEAR'S LIST -- AGAIN!!!
- Roast marshmallows over a campfire in the snow
- Go to the sugarbush and get some fresh maple syrup... although this might technically happen in the spring there is still snow on the ground so that makes it a winter activity! DONE!
More than half though - so I'll still call it a success!!