Monday, April 1, 2013

Winter Bucket List - Revisited

I think I may have been a little over ambitious this year given that I was very pregnant for most of the winter.  I hadn't taken into consideration that my snowpants wouldn't fit!
 
  1. Go ice fishing. Fishing in a boat with Caelan and his trache is just a bit too scary for me, in fact it's pretty much out of the question. A good friend keeps reminding me of this alternative so hopefully this winter we'll make it out to their hut.
  2. Enjoy a beavertail and hot chocolate in the outdoors. If you live in or near Ottawa this is a must. Usually, enjoyed on the canal or during Winterlude.
  3. Winterlude - do something, anything! It's a huge attraction for this area and we should participate
  4. Encourage Damian and the girls to go toboganning on a real hill... Maybe even Caelan too if the weather cooperates.
  5. Have fun with some Christmas baking and make sure the kids get involved. DONE!
  6. Enjoy a spa treatment with my sisterfriends. Our date is already tentatively booked!DONE!
  7. Build a snowman DONE!
  8. Make snowangels DONE!
  9. Take a walk while it's snowing - never as a family :(
  10. Curl up together as a family and watch The Grinch who Stole Christmas and Polar Express HALF DONE! Can't believe we didn't watch Polar Express this year!!
  11. Do ONE of the holiday things I've pinned on pinterest... DONE, DONE and DONE!
  12. Watch a Santa Clause Parade. In recent years we've always tried to get to the Orleans Parade of Lights. DONE!
  13. See the Christmas lights on Taffy Lane or downtown Ottawa DONE!
  14. Upper Canada Village's Alight at Night Every year I think this is something I'd like to do and we have yet to do it! HAVE TO ADD TO NEXT YEAR'S LIST -- AGAIN!!!
  15. Roast marshmallows over a campfire in the snow
  16. Go to the sugarbush and get some fresh maple syrup... although this might technically happen in the spring there is still snow on the ground so that makes it a winter activity! DONE!
 
More than half though - so I'll still call it a success!!

1 comment: