We went to our pre-op appointment this afternoon and was happy to see our most favourite anaesthesiologist. Someone who is very familiar with our Caelan and his love of drugs! He was part of the team that helped us manage Caelan's withdrawal after getting his trache put back in 2011. He remembers Caelan and has made note of his high tolerance for medication and his weaning difficulties.
We have to be there for 6:30 in the morning. Surgery is scheduled for 8am.
- We've arranged for Gramma to come look after the girls before school and Ronan for the day.
- Schedules (very general ones for the little man who doesn't really have one) have been outlined.
- Lunches are made.
- Dinner is in the fridge.
- Caelan's bag is packed.
- Surprises for the brave boy are bought.
- Snacks are ready to be packed in the morning for Mom and Dad.
- Mom and Dad's bags are packed full of distractions to keep them occupied.
- Appointments have been cancelled.
- Nursing has been suspended.
- Teachers and school have been notified.
Now I just need to get some sleep... Easier said than done with these pre-surgery nerves and a six week old!