Where does the time go??
Here are nine things that I love about you today on your ninth birthday.
- Your freckles, especially at this time of year. They seem to multiply in front of my eyes as the sun kisses your cheeks.
- The fact that you seem to have finally accepted that you were genetically predisposed to enjoy reading like your Mom, Dad and Sister.
- Your imagination. I love that you still spend hours playing and haven't been sucked into the world of electronics yet. You have so much love for your stuffies and show so much concern for their well being. It gives me a glimpse into your future and makes me think you're going to be an amazing mother one day.
- Your mischievious little smile and the sparkle in your eye that tells me there's more trouble to come.
- Your ability to make me laugh. I don't know where you come up with half of it, but you really crack me up!
- Your tastebuds. Without you there wouldn't be anyone in the house to share an avocado, broccoli or tomato with. I love that you enjoy your vegetables and will choose a salad over just about anything. I used to be like that too. It's nice that we can stand together against the meatatarians we live with.
- Your love of desserts, chocolate and everything sweet. It makes me happy that you ask for dessert every night because it saves me from bringing it up. I love that on special occasions you'll ask for dessert for/after breakfast because I'm all for that too!!
- When you have fun playing with your brother and sister. Watching and listening to the three of you play are some of the best moments of my life.
- Your determination, consistency and endless energy. You're a girl who knows what she wants and I think you're going to get it. You don't give up. All such good qualities to have in life, although I have to admit that sometimes these can also be some of my least favourite of your characteristics.
I love you Darcy,