Thursday, December 2, 2010

Christmas Picture 2010


FIRST - Check out how much Caelan has changed in the past year!!  I can't believe it, especially when I see this picture beside the one of the five of us taken last November!!


I didn't want to post the Christmas picture of the kids until our Christmas cards were mailed and possibly received by most.  The picture was taken on November 12th.  oh, what a day!

Ryland did fabulously and tried really hard to help out. If anything, she was over enthusiastic.  Go figure, my little drama queen.

Darcy wasn't feeling the greatest and was in the middle of the horrible cough and cold that still plagues our home.  She had difficulty remaining focused and looking at the camera, therefore, many really good pictures of the other two had to be discarded because you could only see the top or side profile of Darcy's head!

Caelan... oh, my Caelan.  Couldn't - Wouldn't sit still to save his life!  If we tried to get the girls to gently hold him in place he lost it, big time.  He thought sitting at the back of the studio against the screen was the place to be and wanted the girls back there with him.

We were lucky enough to have arrived early with nobody else scheduled ahead of us.  They took us right away.  After I don't know how many pictures were taken (LOTS!) we were shuffled out to take our pick of the shots taken.  OK.  Getting a good picture of three less than cooperative children is IMPOSSIBLE!!

I couldn’t choose any of them.  I refused.  Luckily there was still time before the next appointment and we were given another chance.  Back in we went.

It didn’t really go that much better.  This shot was by far the best one.  I know, hard to believe, eh?  Caelan was scooting all over the place.  We emphasized to the girls that they just had to look at the camera and keep smiling and hopefully Caelan would scoot into the frame with a smile, and voila!  That’s what we’ve got.  Caelan is probably scooting by about two feet in front of where the girls were sitting. 

So, to all of you who’ve enquired, and the rest of you that have wondered, no this picture isn’t photoshop’d.  Heck, I’d like to think that if it were it would have turned out better!!

3 comments:

  1. I love this post! I know a picture is suppose to be worth a thousand words - but the story behind this picture is priceless. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pic and a great quote Tanya. I hope you are having a fantastic birthday. XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  3. My gosh.. he looks so like Reu here! Does red hair run in the CHARGE community LOL

    ReplyDelete